Please choose 3 of the following Main Courses.
For heat levels of spices see (H-0) to (H-5).
1) Rump Steak, sourced from the local farmers and so tasty only a sprinkle of ‘Texas Lone Star’ dry rub is required. (H-2).
2) Poussin Halves, so tender are these little chickens we lightly spice them with ’Jakes Boss’ dry rub. (H-1).
3) Lamb Kebabs, lightly brushed on the bbq then served with the world famous ‘Monkey Gland Sauce’. Don’t be alarmed, no monkeys or glands involved here. (H-1).
4) Pork Shoulder, known as ‘pulled pork’, smoked and grilled on the bbq until so tender it is pulled or shreaded off the bone and drizzled with ‘BB’s Lawnside Spicy Apple Sauce.(H-2).
5) Boerewors, a barbecue just would not be a barbecue in Southern Africa without this delicious and juicy sausage ring. Al recommends this one, well he would, he makes it. (H-0).
6) Tofu and Vegetable Kebabs, Wiltshires finest and freshest, brushed with a Mediterranean marinade of fresh herbs, garlic, lemon and cracked black pepper. (H-0).
Please choose 3 of the following Side Orders.
1) Jacket Potato, served with a choice of home made herb butters.
2) Corn on the Cob, charred on the grill until crunchy, sweet and moist, topped with a butter of your choice.
3) Al’s Kalahari Mushrooms, black mushrooms grilled with olive oil and butter, topped with a soft cheese, fresh garlic and just a drizzle of lemon juice.
4) Carrots with Honey and Ginger, a simple but tasty dish introduced by the Malay population of the Cape.
5) Tomato, Egg and Onion Salad, a Southern African favourite, the onions are blanched and cooled, cumin seeds are lightly roasted in a dry pan and sprinkled over the top, along with a mild vinaigrette.
6) Mixed Leaf Salad, a wonderfully fresh selection of green leaves, drizzled with a mild vinaigrette.
Please choose 2 of the following desserts.
1) Eton Mess, a blend of whipped fresh cream, crushed meringue pieces and diced fresh strawberries.
2) Crème Brule, a classic favourite lovingly prepared and presented by Ginni.
3) Almond Clusters with Glace cherries, the almonds and coconut are shaped into squares and the cherries sprinkled among them. Fantastic with a cup of coffee.