Please choose from 3 of the following Main Courses.
For heat levels of spices see (H-0) to (H-5).
1) Sirloin Steak, juicy and tender, gently grilled, lightly seasoned and served with the famous ‘Monkey Gland Sauce’. Once again fear not, no monkeys or glands involved here. (H-0).
2) Guinea Fowl Supreme, a slightly richer flavour than chicken so a baste of balsamic, dijon and honey will gently coat this lovely game bird. (H-0).
3) Springbok Sosaties ( kebabs), the rich gamey flavours of this meat will have a very light brushing of a sweet and sour marinade and served with one of our speciality sauces. (H-1).
4) Peri-Peri Boerewors, once again, a barbecue just would not be a barbecue in Southern Africa without this sausage ring. A slight kick from the peri-peri makes this one interesting. (H-4).
5) Wild Boar Burger, the robust flavour of this meat is met with a sweet and sour ’Red Currant and Port Sauce’, a marriage to behold. (H-1).
6) Tofu and Vegetable Kebabs, Wiltshires finest and freshest, basted with a Mediterranean marinade of fresh herbs, garlic, lemon and cracked black pepper. (H-0).
Please choose 3 of the following side orders.
1) Jacket Potato, served with a choice of home made herb butters.
2) Mealie Pap, a traditional African maize dish cooked in a cast iron pot. Once on the plate it is topped with a knob of butter and/or Al’s tomato, onion and garlic sauce.
3) Al’s Kalahari Mushrooms, grilled black mushrooms with a topping of cheese, garlic, lemon and olive oil.
4) Carrots with Honey and Ginger, a simple dish, lovingly prepared by Ginni.
5) Potato Salad with apple and bacon, a little African twist with this very popular salad.
6) Mixed Leaf Salad, a wonderfully fresh selection of green leaves, drizzled with a mild vinaigrette.
Please choose 2 of the following desserts.
1) Eton Mess, a blend of whipped fresh cream, crushed meringue pieces and diced fresh strawberries.
2) Koeksisters, another very popular Southern African delicacy, plaited dough, deep fried until golden brown then immersed in a lemon and ginger syrup. The serving of fresh whipped cream alongside is optional.
3) Tropical Fruit Cooler, an amalgam of chopped fresh fruit, splashed with a sweet orange liqueur and garnished with a mint sprig.