Menu #6 - Food on the Hoof.
(For your event please choose any 6 of the following)
1) Springbok Kebabs . . . .
2 skewers of lightly marinated springbok and vegetables. £4.80
2) Buffalo Chilli . . . .
a medium chilli served with a jacket spud. (H-3). £4.50
3) Sirloin Steak Roll . . . .
tender and juicy sirloin marinated in a rub called ' jakes boss'. £4.00
4) Cape Malay Chicken Curry . . . .
a delicious variation to the norm served with 'mielie pap'. (H-2). £3.80
5) Prime Rib of Pork . . . .
4 succulent ribs marinated in a sweet and smokey bbq rub. £3.80
6) Ostrich Sausage . . . .
closer to beef than chicken but slightly leaner. 2 sausages served in a roll. £3.50
7) Boerewors Roll . . . .
a Southern African beef and pork sausage with loads of flavour. £3.50
8) Wild Boar and Apple Burger . . . .
the richness of this gamey meat does itself proud served in a bun. £3.50
9) Beef Burgers . . . .
100% beef, finished with a honey, dijon and mustard glaze. £3.00
10) Peri-Peri Chicken Drumsticks . . . .
served with 'mielie pap' to soak up the sauce. (H-3). £3.00
11) Al's Kalahari Mushrooms(V) . . . .
flat black mushrooms with olive oil, garlic, lemon and a cheese topping. £2.75
12) Cheese, onion and tomato toasties(V) . . . .
these are simply delicious toasted on the grill. £2.50
13) All the above offered with a Southern African version of coleslaw (Ginnis speciallity) and a green salad. There will also be a choice of sauces to accompany your meal. £0.50
*Mielie Pap: a maize meal very popular throughout Southern Africa and served as you would rice.
Heat Level Chart H-1 to H-5 H-1 (very mild, hardly worth it) to H-5 (enough to blow a hole in a mountain).